FGP From the Inside: Week 5 and a Half

Erin Kessel serves on our board as an Assistant Director
 


I have the distinct privilege of being related to FGP’s own Andie McConnell!  And although I have more than 35 first cousins, I can honestly say that I adore my cousin Andie (Andrea as I know her).  So, last year, when Andie sent out information regarding Journey 4 A Cure's Vote4aCure contest, I felt compelled to vote.  And that is when my eyes were opened to the world of pediatric cancer. 

I work in a rather business-oriented, non-emotional field of the law.  Like some of our other board members, FGP fills a void in my life.  To know we are truly making a difference in the lives of families who are so deserving is the BEST feeling.  And so I do what I can to help my cousin, help FGP, and help these families. 

Perhaps my motives for joining FGP are selfish, but I can honestly say that I envy Andie – to see the fulfillment FGP has given her life and how passionate she is about the families and the mission, are understatements.  And if I can have just a fraction of the same fulfillment, I’ll take it.


Interested in filling a void in your life by making a difference in the lives of pediatric cancer families? Join us! Email volunteer@fairygodmotherproject.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment