What's Happening?

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'- Martin Luther King, jr.

Every Martin Luther King Day, I (Andie) start my morning reading over his quotes, thinking about the meaning in my life and ways I can teach my children about MLK. I always try to focus on who he was and what he stood for in his short life. This morning, the above quote caught my eye and made me think of the value of what FGP is doing for those in the pediatric cancer community.  Because I am doing weekly, "What's Happening" posts, this seemed an appropriate quote to use this morning.  Here is this week's answer to MLK's question:


1.  Gas cards for families were picked up from our amazing donor!

2. We met with teachers from Stafford's  Learn and Serve about the upcoming fundraising event being planned by their students for us! More details to follow but get ready for a Medieval Festival in May! Thank you, Rachel and Ashley:) and all the amazing Learn and Serve kids!
 
3. We have six new volunteer applicants.

4. As always, lots of meals were made:)

5.We had a few purchases from our 2 fundraisers but would love to see more. We have the bags from Thirty-One Fundraiser and the charms from Nomades

6.  We held our first board meeting last night and it was a huge success. We have AMAZING people on board!! (I could list all the decisions made, but you might get bored)!

7. We voted on a winner for our newsletter and chose Godmother Gazette!

8. We completed all content for our first ever Godmother Gazette which will be delivered to your inbox on February 1st!

9. Plans were made for a Qdoba Spirit Night on the 20th of February. 


Have a great week!!!

If you are interested in doing for others, please email info@fairygodmotherproject.org for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment