FGP From the Inside: Week 4

From Sue Ann who is a board member and Lead Volunteer.  

I am not sure if I found Fairy Godmother Project, or if it found me. It all started a little over a year ago when I answered a request for donations to help a little girl's family. Andie and I met in the YMCA parking lot and the ripple effect began! I volunteer with the Fairy Godmother Project believing we should take care of each other. I have lived in a lot of places without family nearby to rely on for support. If not for friends and sometimes strangers stepping up, some seasons of my life would have been much more difficult.

I cannot personally repay everyone, so I pay it forward. I started out slow, pitching in where I could at events and organizing a fundraiser. Over the past few months, my role has expanded. I am now privileged to be the lead volunteer for a family. I keep them informed about resources available through Fairy Godmother Project, such as when their meals will be delivered. I have learned so much in the last year. My new circle of friends is one of the best parts of being a volunteer with Fairy Godmother Project!

Are you interested in paying it forward? If so, please email volunteer@fairygodmotherproject.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment